What’s in this Newsletter?
- Eating For Two – How Much Is Too Much?
- How To Comfortably Cover The Bump
- Pampering Your Skin During Pregnancy
- Psi Bands In The Press
The following tips come from our friends over at Bellybar, makers of wonderful snacks devised specifically for “before, during and after pregnancy nutrition.”
So, how many calories are the right amount to eat while you’re pregnant? The recommendations from the USDA state that 2,300-2,700 calories would be a normal requirement. But the experts at Bellybar suggest listening to your body first and foremost — trying to stay within your core foods. Then, after the core is satisfied, a little indulgence is fine.
For more on this topic and a printout of some sample meals and snacks specifically for pregnant women, please see Bellybar’s Nutrition page at http://nutrabella.com/nutrition/index.html.
Ingrid and Isabel, one of our favorite maternity fashions companies and makers of the BellaBand, has recently introduced the Essentials Collection to give moms-to-be the short-list of go-to pieces to wear with every fashion, during and after pregnancy. Having created the BellaBand and the Essentials Collection, Ingrid & Isabel has some helpful hints to help mom as her belly grows.
1. Go ahead — loosen the waistband — Prolong the life of your pre-pregnancy jeans, pants, skirts and shorts by wearing them unbuttoned, with the BellaBand. This little accessory will cover, disguise and hold up your favorites until you’re ready to purchase maternity. Throughout pregnancy, your BellaBand works with maternity styles, holding them up whether they are too tight, too loose or falling down around the hips. And then there’s after pregnancy. It truly is the most versatile accessory you’ll own.
2. Layer your pieces to smooth it all out – Layering pieces give moms-to-be a smooth silhouette under pre-pregnancy and maternity pieces. Our Everyday Cami is a seamless knit camisole cut extra-long to fit over the belly and made to expand and recover during and after pregnancy. With its soft fibers and resistance to pilling, it can be used as often as you need it, for nine months and more.
3. Invest in a few items that support your growing belly – Our Belly Leggings are a luxurious, ultra-soft knit, designed with a changing belly in mind. Wear the waistband folded at the waistline in early pregnancy, up high and over your belly for full coverage as you grow, or folded around the lower hips for under-the-belly support in your last weeks of pregnancy. Super convenient for wearing under tunics, dresses and skirts when you want some support for the belly and style on the legs.
4. Show off that belly – There is no better time to show off a blossoming belly. Our Ruched Tank decorates your early belly with subtle pleating, a smoother, supportive silhouette on a blossomed belly, and heavy pleating after baby to disguise a recovering belly. Wear it under your clothes, with open tops and sweaters or by itself.
Enjoy your pregnancy! And above all, know that Yes, you look beautiful.
During the nine months of pregnancy, a woman’s body experiences numerous changes – internally and externally. In addition to the ever-expanding tummy to lower back pain and morning sickness, many pregnant women also experience significant skin and body changes while pregnant. Specialty skincare line Belli understands that it is difficult for moms-to-be to find time to pamper themselves. But thanks to the Pregnancy Pampering Collection it is easy. This collection is made of Belli’s top pregnancy skincare products to help soothe the expecting mother’s mind and body.
“Pregnancy is a very exciting time but it can also be a worrisome time,” says Annette Rubin a mother and Founder of Belli, a skincare line that addresses the specific issues of pregnant women, new moms and babies. “As an expecting mother you now have someone else to be concerned about. Belli has created products to put expecting moms’ bodies and minds at ease. At Belli, we screen all of our ingredients to help guard against chemicals that are linked to birth defects.”
For more information on the Belli skincare line, check out the website at http://www.belliskincare.com.
Look for Psi Bands in the “Crib Notes” section of the September issue of American Baby magazine!